Sponsors

RESIMAC Financial Services Go Dance Navwealth Rapid Personal Training State Custodians
Paywise Paul Denny Conveyancing Australian Institute of Latin Dance Wyseware This Little Wiggy Treks Kokoda Donations

Saturday, March 8, 2014

These feet were made for thongs and sneakers..

.. But these boots were made for trekking.. Who would have thought that walking would be sooooo difficult?.. Well not necessarily walking, but trekking!.. I guess this is what happens when you come from spending as much time as possible in thongs or sneakers :)

I got out for the first time today to look at boots for the trek (yep running late on breaking them in time) and I must say I'm a bit brain fried.. I understand in looking for a boot you need good support (especially in the ankle), good soles (thickness and grip), strong durable material (preferably waterproof and breathable).. But come on! How long is a piece of string and having no experience, where do you compromise on price and quality and features?

I'm going to spend some time doing some research and talking to a few people that know more than me.. Hopefully I will be enlightened! In the meantime, here's a few of the boots that I have come across that I think will do the job for me.. It will be interesting to see what I end up with.. (To be decided soon!)


























1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I finally purchased my boots on the weekend! Now to start breaking them in and getting some training done in them.

    In the end I've gone with the Scarpa Nangpa-La XCR. For the same price they were just as comfy as the Solomon 3D GTX, but their Vibram soles were just that much stronger and felt like they'd provide more support over longer and tougher terrain.

    It's all a gamble, but hopefully it pays off on the trek! :)

    ReplyDelete